Or are you falling to the cause?
When it comes to life are you rising up or falling down?
Many children in crisis spend a large part of their time living in juvenile system, social services, foster care and group homes.
Today, is one of the days that I will be mentoring the girl inmates individually in the juvenile hall. The incarcerated boys and girls ages are all under 18 years old now, there are more boys than girls. At some point these children may have been beaten down mentally or physically or just trying to escape their family dynamics by running away and getting caught up with the enemy. All of us have fallen down a few times and when we do
we need someone to pick us up and encourage us as we go about life. Some of these children need to be told that they can rise up from where they are.
Their questions to us at our weekend program is: How do I get rid of my negative thoughts?
Developmental needs of youth in crisis and many unintentionally reinforce negative behaviors in youth.
There are so many children that have rebelled with their parents, these youth tent to be truant from school, these children have given up on obtaining their education because of their home life or lack of. But, the good news is that when they are incarcerated they have to attend school in the institution, now these children are forced and trying to finish junior high and their high school years.
Age – young and old
- Due to age the dough may not to rise because of the yeast being too old – Let’s think about that for a moment. What comes to mind when you think of children? Are they to old to rise up and change the cycle they have been on? No!
Temperature – lukewarm
- The yeast or the water was to hot and killed the yeast.
- The rising place was too cool, lukewarm
- The water was too cool to activate the yeast
Where does lukewarm get you? No where, he will spew you from his mouth!
Environment – controlled
- The bread falls in the oven because the oven was too cool
- The dough may rise too much and get too little light
What do some of our living situations look like?