Last night was our second night in a new community.
Let me remind you that I am only one person, but, God is able to provide so much more if we ask Him! So, Lord we are asking you to bring others to be the light in an other’s darkness. I will share with you what I experienced last night.
On this particular night we didn’t plan on feeding, but, it turns out the kids were hungry, they were asking for food. We fired up the grill to feed this children. The children flocked in, some of the children wanted to serve the food to others.
Some of these precious children have servant’s hearts.
I recognized a lady that I knew from another organization, she came to share a county program to help families and youth. It is a curriculum based program.
We must thank God for the people who have a heart to open an organization in at-risk communities. This particular place we are feeding at opened in this area to give a safe place for these children. A place for the children to be fed, tutored and provide hope.
Some of these children have been locked out of their own homes while their parents are away (at work) is the word being used. Is this neglect?
Oh God how can this be…
- How can a parent do such a harsh thing as abandon and leave their children out in the wild?
- Why are the children on the streets till 10:oo pm at night versus being in their homes?
- Is it better to be on the streets then in their homes?
- What horrific life are they experiencing behind closed doors, after all, what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors. I know we have all heard that way to many times.
My heart aches for these children. I am starting to think that society is allowing parents to be parents with no repercussions. These parents do not know how to parent and that is why we are having so many problems in the world.
Reasons may be:
- They started having children at a very young age
- Generational curse?
We have been given an opportunity to train up families and children through Sacramento County, would you be interested in this opportunity?