Fruit Compote Recipe
- 2 large Bosc pears (peeled, cored, and cut into eighths)
- 4 apricots (halved and pitted, or use 8 dried apricots)
- 2 nectarines (peel on, pitted and cut into eighths)
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup non-alcoholic, fruity white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot mixed with 2 tablespoons nonalcoholic white wine or apple juice (slurry)
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine the fruit in a glass 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish.
- Stir the lemon juice, wine, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves together in a small bowl.
- Pour over the fruit and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the fruit is tender but still holds its shape.
- Carefully pour the liquid into a saucepan.
- Stir in the slurry and heat to clear and thicken (this will happen in less than 30 seconds)
- Pour the thickened sauce back over the fruit and stir to coat.
Serve warm or cold.
- Number of Servings: 6 Per Serving:
- 123 Calories;
- 7% calories from fat;
- 1 g. fat;
- 0 g. Saturated fat;
- 5 mg. Sodium;
- 0 g. Cholesterol;
- 32 g. Carbohydrates;
- 3 g. Dietary fiber;
- 1 g. Protein